Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- "Our salesman, Braxton Dailey, was very professional and thorough and our coordinator, Jennifer Lyons, did an outstanding job of keeping us informed and checking in daily on the progress. We couldn’t say enough great things about our driver and crew as well. Hector Saldana, our driver, had great communication, especially when it came to any delays due to bad weather. Everyone was so polite and we have already recommended Armstrong – United to a family moving from Houston to Austin. Thank you!”
S.S., April 2016
- "I appreciated the professional appearance and the way our 3 crew members presented themselves. I am a female and had to handle this move on my own, and there was never a time where I felt uncomfortable with the gentlemen that moved me. They dressed professional, were well groomed, and they were very polite.”
M.S., May 2016
- "Our move coordinator was always available to answer questions. Even when she had to go out of town, she called us ahead of time, gave us the name and number of the person filling in for her, and told us when I could expect to hear from her. When she returned, she called back right away to check in on us. She made the entire process so smooth and her communication was excellent. "
M.K., April 2016
- “The packing was fantastic!!! The crew was very careful, respectful and kind. Our entire team was excellent. Perfect teamwork. Thank you!”
B.H., April 2016
- “Our driver and crew did an excellent job! It was a difficult delivery with our apartment complex, but they persevered through every obstacle and even carried our sofa up 6 flights of stairs. Great job!”
K.N., April 2016