By providing supply chain reliability, Armstrong demonstrates its Credo of “building trust.”
Three generations of continuity of ownership and operating philosophy have generated consistent, reasonable, annual profits each year since 1957. Armstrong’s foundation of fiscal continuity enables investments in functional continuity, resulting in supply chain reliability. Our disaster recovery objectives are to protect human assets, protect informational assets and provide for continuity of operations.
Armstrong employs technology and processes to minimize the impact of a disaster and provide for timely recovery within our existing headquarters facility in Memphis, Tenn. In the event this is not possible, Armstrong operates a redundant data center in Dallas, Texas, enabling any service outage to be restored within two hours.
Additionally, UniGroup has a similar contingency plan to support Armstrong and all agents of United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit.
Should technology or software fail, Armstrong can revert to manual processes. While such an action would impair efficiencies, it could be done until no longer necessary.
Armstrong has contingency plans to resume operations at other locations should such action become necessary. These plans are maintained and tested on a frequent basis.
In the event of a business disruption or disaster that impairs or destroys our physical operating locations, Armstrong has contracted an outsourced supplier to provide all key elements needed to restore operations quickly, anywhere across North America. Elements provided include: temporary mobile or commercial office space; power generation; computer systems and equipment; and phone and Internet communication.
- "Our salesman, Braxton Dailey, was very professional and thorough and our coordinator, Jennifer Lyons, did an outstanding job of keeping us informed and checking in daily on the progress. We couldn’t say enough great things about our driver and crew as well. Hector Saldana, our driver, had great communication, especially when it came to any delays due to bad weather. Everyone was so polite and we have already recommended Armstrong – United to a family moving from Houston to Austin. Thank you!”
S.S., April 2016
- "I appreciated the professional appearance and the way our 3 crew members presented themselves. I am a female and had to handle this move on my own, and there was never a time where I felt uncomfortable with the gentlemen that moved me. They dressed professional, were well groomed, and they were very polite.”
M.S., May 2016
- "Our move coordinator was always available to answer questions. Even when she had to go out of town, she called us ahead of time, gave us the name and number of the person filling in for her, and told us when I could expect to hear from her. When she returned, she called back right away to check in on us. She made the entire process so smooth and her communication was excellent. "
M.K., April 2016
- “The packing was fantastic!!! The crew was very careful, respectful and kind. Our entire team was excellent. Perfect teamwork. Thank you!”
B.H., April 2016
- “Our driver and crew did an excellent job! It was a difficult delivery with our apartment complex, but they persevered through every obstacle and even carried our sofa up 6 flights of stairs. Great job!”
K.N., April 2016